Product Management Is Not Enough For ScaleUp CPOs
You’ve reached product-market fit, your engineering teams are growing, your product teams are growing. Congrats! Now what? How do you manage autonomous, empowered teams that each have different goals to be measured against?
In this 3-part webinar series, Dragonboat CEO & Founder, Becky Flint, will share how to bring effective portfolio management to your fast-growing companies to scale teams, deliver results, expand to new markets and innovate quickly.
From high-level strategic frameworks to real-world examples and tangible best practices for applying a portfolio management approach, attendees will walk away with a clear understanding of how to create an outcome-focused product organization that delivers results.
This series will cover:
- When portfolio management becomes essential to running your product
- Portfolio management in the context of autonomous teams and “big rocks"
- How to transform your product organization from “feature focused” to “outcome-focused”
When to Scale Product Management To Portfolio Management (Part I)
Chaos, misalignment, dependencies, and resource bottlenecks are challenges that all scaling product leaders are familiar with. Great product management skills have gotten you this far. But they’re not cutting it anymore. You need portfolio management.
In the first part of this series, Becky will cover the fundamentals of product portfolio management: what it is, when you need it, and how to incorporate it into your team to accelerate product outcomes.
- The difference between product management and portfolio management
- The tell tale sign that you need to expand from product management to product portfolio management
- How to implement portfolio management without breaking your current processes
Empower Product Teams While Delivering Commitments (Part II)
Prioritization is the most challenging and impactful part of product portfolio management. But how do you structure a product organization’s needs to evolve as your company grows? How do you compare products across user journeys, market segments, technology components or teams?
In the second part of this series, Becky will cover the Rock, Pebble, and Sand portfolio management approach and how it can be an effective way to prioritize across products and portfolios.
- Portfolio management in the context of autonomous teams and “big rocks”
- How to prioritize across multiple dimensions, products and portfolios
- How to incorporate goals, customer segments and product cadences in multi-dimensional roadmaps
Replace Your Roadmap With A Responsive Portfolio To Drive Outcomes (Part III)
In the waterfall era, there was an annual planning process where business goals led to initiatives and corresponding budget allocation. In today’s fast moving world, annual planning does not meet the needs. It’s too top down, budget oriented, and does not connect engineering resources (input) and product KPIs (output) in the process.
Join us on September 14 at 12pm (ET) for the final webinar in this series where Becky will cover how to connect annual vision with quarterly goals and weekly check-ins to allow rapid product innovation while ensuring continued improvements of existing product experience and growth.
- How to define and get buy-in on product objectives / OKRs
- How to negotiate and plan roadmap dependencies and resources
- How to build outcome-focused roadmaps and avoid becoming a “feature factory”
Do you have any questions for Insight or Dragonboat? Email us at email@example.com.