The 2022 R&D Trends and Operational Foundations Report
This R&D Investment and Operational Trends report takes last year's report and expands on the investment and headcount trends to answer questions about SaaS COGS, R&D operations, metrics, and more. Some questions the report addresses include:
- What should my hosting costs as a percentage of subscription revenue be?
- How do R&D teams allocate time spent across feature development, keeping the lights on, and defects, etc.?
- What does the makeup of my average product development team look like?
- How do product development teams align? (e.g., by feature, by component, by role)
- What operational metrics get tracked across the R&D SDLC?
Please note that this report has been compiled using data from 2021. Current macroeconomic trends should be considered when utilizing these trends in strategic R&D decisions. Our goal is to empower you as an R&D leader to consider these trends in conjunction with macroeconomic trends and the nuances of your organization to drive decisions and behaviors.
Fill out the form below to download your copy. If you’re a member of GO, Insight’s portfolio-only community platform, please sign in here to access the report.