Nextdoor is the free and private social network for neighborhoods. On Nextdoor, neighbors create private websites for their neighborhoods where they can ask questions, get to know one another, and exchange local advice and recommendations.
Thousands of neighborhoods across the country are already using Nextdoor to:
- Find trustworthy local resources, such as babysitters, plumbers, and dentists
- Report suspicious activity and local crime
- Organize neighborhood events, such as garage sales and block parties
- Get assistance in finding lost pets and missing packages
- Sell or give away items, like an old kitchen table or bike
Nextdoor’s mission is to use the power of technology to build stronger and safer neighborhoods. The inspiration behind Nextdoor was to give people a social network to connect them to one of the most important communities in their lives – the neighborhood. Nextdoor believes that when neighbors start talking, good things happen.
Nextdoor is headquartered in San Francisco and was founded by a group of entrepreneurs who have a passion for creating meaningful online communities.