Boston, MA and Tel Aviv, Israel – 3 April 2019 – Aqua Security, the market leader in protecting container-based, serverless and cloud native applications, announced today that it has closed a Series C round of $62M led by Insight Partners. Aqua’s existing investors – Lightspeed Venture Partners, M12 (Microsoft’s venture fund), TLV Partners, and Shlomo Kramer – have also participated in the round. The Series C investment brings Aqua’s total venture funding to more than $100M.
“As investors in several leading cloud technology providers, we were impressed by Aqua and its track record as a security leader in this hyper-growth space,” said Jeff Horing, co-founder and managing director at Insight Partners. “Aqua’s vision, their unrivaled investment in open source technologies, and deep relationships with strategic partners have created a tremendous opportunity as customers accelerate their move to cloud native platforms. We look forward to Aqua joining the Insight portfolio and seeing their continued growth.”
Since 2015, Aqua has been working with early adopters of containers to provide enterprise-scale security, helping organizations safely move their applications into production. This round of funding arrives on the heels of Aqua’s stellar growth in 2018:
- Aqua has quadrupled its customer base in the last 12 months
- Aqua secures five of the world’s ten largest container production deployments
- Aqua dominates the financial services vertical with five of the world’s top 10 banks and six of the world’s 15 largest insurance companies among its customers
- More than 100 blue-chip companies across the energy, aerospace, internet, media, travel, retail, pharmaceutical and hospitality sectors are among Aqua’s customers
- Aqua has extended its platform to support serverless environments, and all major cloud and orchestration environments
- Aqua’s solutions are available on demand with consumption-based pricing on the recently launched AWS Marketplace for Containers and Google Kubernetes Apps Marketplace, as well as on Azure Marketplace
- At the KubeCon/CloudNativeCon event in Seattle, Aqua launched its inaugural KubeSec Enterprise Summit with co-hosts AWS and Red Hat, featuring presentations by JPMorgan Chase, Starbucks and Tinder
“We are thrilled to have Insight Partners as investors to propel Aqua’s next phase of growth,” noted Dror Davidoff, CEO and co-founder of Aqua. “The adoption of cloud native technologies provides an opportunity for security to be redefined, addressing the chronic cybersecurity skills shortage through automation, and creating applications that are secure by design. With this significant investment and our focus on the needs of enterprise customers and product innovation, we can take the next step to realize our vision.”
About Aqua Security
Aqua Security helps enterprises secure their cloud native, container-based and serverless applications from development to production. Aqua bridges the gap between DevOps and security, promoting business agility and accelerating digital transformation. Aqua’s Cloud Native Security Platform provides full visibility and security automation across the entire application lifecycle, using a modern zero-touch approach to detect and prevent threats while simplifying regulatory compliance. Aqua customers include some of the world’s largest financial services, software development, internet, media, hospitality and retail companies, with implementations across the globe spanning a broad range of cloud providers and on-premise technologies. For more information, visit www.aquasec.com or follow us on twitter.com/AquaSecTeam
About Insight Partners
Insight Partners is a leading global venture capital and private equity firm investing in high-growth technology and software companies that are driving transformative change in their industries. Founded in 1995, Insight currently has over $20 billion of assets under management and has cumulatively invested in more than 300 companies worldwide. Our mission is to find, fund, and work successfully with visionary executives, providing them with practical, hands-on growth expertise to foster long-term success. Across our people and our portfolio, we encourage a culture around a core belief: growth equals opportunity. For more information on Insight and all its investments, visit insightpartners.com or follow us on Twitter @insightpartners.