BOSTON and TEL AVIV, Israel, May 20, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- Aqua Security, the market leader in protecting container-based, serverless and cloud native applications, announced today that it has closed a Series D round of $30M led by Greenspring Associates, with participation by Aqua's existing investors – Insight Partners, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and TLV Partners. This investment brings Aqua's total venture funding raised to more than $130M.
"Aqua has made impressive strides building its customer base and establishing itself as a market leader in securing cloud native applications," said Hunter Somerville, General Partner at Greenspring Associates. "Even under today's challenging business conditions, the company has demonstrated strong revenue growth, and an ability to introduce new, exciting products that differentiate their offering. With enterprises continuing to migrate aggressively to the cloud, we see Aqua as uniquely positioned to benefit from and enable that adoption."
This investment arrives on the heels of Aqua's dramatic growth over the last several months, including the launch of innovative new products:
- Aqua has more than doubled revenue and headcount in the last 12 months
- More than 400 companies across the finance, energy, aerospace, internet, media, travel, retail, pharmaceutical and hospitality sectors utilize Aqua's cloud native security solutions
- Aqua acquired Cloudsploit in November 2019, expanding the companies offering into the Cloud Security Posture Management market, and introducing the company's first SaaS offering, Aqua CSPM
- In April 2020, the company launched its second SaaS product, Aqua Dynamic Threat Analysis, the industry's first sandbox for containers to detect and mitigate the risk of hidden malware
- At the KubeCon/CloudNativeCon conference in December 2019 in San Diego, Aqua held its third KubeSec Enterprise Summit. The event drew more than 300 attendees and featured presentations by JPMorgan Chase, Primerica and Duke Energy sharing best practices for securing Kubernetes environments
- Aqua has expanded its strategic investment in open source software with a dedicated team of engineers who create industry-standard tools, helping to further accelerate DevSeOps practices and Kubernetes adoption
"We are seeing customers continuing their move towards cloud-native technologies, often accelerating deployments as a way to enhance their agility in these unpredictable times," noted Dror Davidoff, CEO and co-founder of Aqua. "Security remains a key enabler of these initiatives, and with this significant new investment from Greenspring Associates, I feel confident in our ability to drive further innovation across our product portfolio and sustain the competitive advantage we have worked hard to establish."
About Aqua Security
Aqua Security helps enterprises secure their cloud native, container-based and serverless applications and infrastructure from development to production. Aqua bridges the gap between DevOps and security, promoting business agility and accelerating digital transformation. Aqua's Cloud Native Security Platform provides full visibility and security automation across the entire application lifecycle, using a modern zero-touch approach to detect and prevent threats while simplifying regulatory compliance. Aqua customers include some of the world's largest financial services, software development, internet, media, hospitality and retail companies, with implementations across the globe spanning a broad range of cloud providers and on-premise technologies. For more information, visit www.aquasec.com or follow us on twitter.com/AquaSecTeam.